Karl Van Hoey, MCC
Karl combines a very successful track record of +3500 hours of executive-and team coaching in a huge variety of industries worldwide, with a long and extensive experience in corporate HR leadership roles. For AXA, British American Tobacco, Ernst & Young and Sappi Fine Paper Europe.
Karl has obtained the Master Certified Coach credential in 2019, and the Advanced Certification in Team Coaching in 2022. Both granted by the International Coaching Federation. He also obtained the Master Practitioner accreditation in 2022, as granted by the European Mentoring and Coaching Council. Both ICF and EMCC represent the highest standards in our profession, and their Master credentials reflect the highest mastery of our profession.
Karl’s mission is to build radically human organizations. Strengthening the impact, strategy and presence, of leaders, teams and coaches, is his way to bring that mission alive.
In 2014, he decided to become independent and in 2018 Karl joined www.otolith-consulting.com as their coaching practice leader. In 2020, he co-founded The Team Coaching Global Alliance (www.teamcoaching.global), providing top class training in the ICF Team Coaching Competencies that he helped develop as a subject matter expert within ICF. He has been Guest Professor for many years at EMS Business School Brussels and 3 years Visiting Professor at BSN Algeria. Teaching on Leadership, HR, Change and Coaching.
Besides his corporate and teaching agenda, Karl is also active as a MCC Mentor Coach and in that position he founded and manages a worldwide, very fast growing community of coaches (www.coachingjourneys.org) seeking an ICF credential.
Karl has been a volunteer for the International Coaching Federation for many years. His main contributions:
- ICF Team coaching Community of Practice Leader 2014-2019.
- Subject Matter Expert in ICF Global Task Forces since 2018
- on the development of new (team) coaching competencies
- on the training accreditation architecture
- on ICF Governance-Member of Global Professional Coaches Nominating Committee since 2019.
- ICF Credentialed PCC Portfolio Assessor since 2019.
- Founding Member of ICF Thought Leadership Institute’s Global Co-Lab since 2023
- ICF Independent Review Board Member since 2023
- ICF MCC Portfolio Assessor since 2023.
He has also written two books: one on coaching through political dynamics and continuous change and one on the sustainable impact of coaching (only available in Dutch).